19.9.06

"- I'm not an invalid. - Well of course you are, why else would I suggest a DVD player"

Här är ett fint exempel på den briljanta kommunikation som pågår mellan mor och dotter Gilmore, den äldre generationen. Lorelai frågar Emily vad hon gör på kvällarna när Richard är borta på business-resor.

Lorelai: Okay, but what do you do at night?

Emily: Excuse me?

Lorelai: I mean, you don’t organize functions at night, do you?

Emily: What are you insinuating?

Lorelai: I’m not insinuating anything, Mom. I’m just trying to find out a little bit about your life.

Emily: Well, your father calls every night at nine o’clock and we talk.

Lorelai: So, you spend fifteen minutes talking to Dad and then you hang up the phone and you – what? Watch television?

Emily: I don’t watch that much television. I don’t find forensic work quite as fascinating as the rest of the world.

Lorelai: But you have cable, right? I mean, you could watch movies.

Emily: Yes, but I never know where the maid puts that guide they send you, so I always wind up turning it on after a movie has already started and I don’t like to come in on the middle of things.

Lorelai: But you could tape the movies, or get a DVD player.

Emily: I don’t need a DVD player.

Lorelai: Well, why not? Then you could buy all those musicals you love and watch them whenever you felt like it.
Emily: I’m not an invalid, Lorelai.
Lorelai: Well, of course you are, Mother. Why else would I suggest a DVD player?

Emily: I can fill my time all by myself and I’d like you to drop this conversation right now.

Lorelai: Where are you going?

Emily: We’re going to eat. [starts walking toward the kitchen]

Lorelai: [follows her] Just because you leave the room doesn’t mean the conversation’s over. I started the conversation. The conversation’s in me. Therefore, when I get over there, the conversation’s just gonna start up again.

Inga kommentarer:

Kanske du gillar:

Related Posts with Thumbnails