30.9.06

Luke can see her face

Åh, detta är så fantastiskt. Luke har äntligen bestämt sig för att försöka snärja Lorelai och köper en självhjälpsbok med titeln "Learn to love". När han själv har läst den talar han Jess till rätta:

Jess: I told her I loved her.

Luke: Wow! What did she say?

Jess: Nothing.

Luke: What, you just said it and walked away?

Jess: No. I got in my car and left.
Luke: You just dropped the bomb and ran?
Jess: I drove.

Luke: You didn't want stick around to see what she said?

Jess: No. And obviously, she had nothing to say.

Luke: How do you know?

Jess: She could have contacted me anytime in the last three months, but she didn't.

Luke: What are you talking about? You change your phone number weekly.

Jess: [Scoffs] The ball was in her court.

Luke: Oh, Jess, come on. You did this completely wrong. Open two-way communication is the foundation of love, and you cut that off. I had this friend -- let's call him Phillip -- who thought expressing intimacy was a favor to his partner, but expressions of intimacy should be given freely and frequently. He loved Judy, but he used his love as a bargaining tool.

Jess: Who the hell is Judy?

Luke: Phillip's wife. We call her Judy.

Jess: I wasn't bargaining.

Luke: You were bargaining. You had expectations out of line with what you deserved. You don't nurture.

Jess: Where are you getting this junk?

Luke: Life. I've lived.

Jess: What, in a Bette Midler movie?

Inga kommentarer:

Kanske du gillar:

Related Posts with Thumbnails